Gain entry-level skills and knowledge in Java fundamentals and an intro to Android Studio for a strong foundation in Android Apps.
About this course
Learn the basics of Java programming language and how to develop programs with conditionals and loops, design and implement recursive algorithms, understand basic mechanisms of the Object Oriented Paradigm (OPP), use and interpret the API of some of the most common Java classes and real-world android application development using the Android software development kit (SDK). This course provides the basic skills to ensure a start with Android Studio Editor and use Virtual Device.
This course is part of the GalileoX Android Developer MicroMasters Program that is specifically designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field and to prepare you to take the Google Associate Android Developer Certification Exam. To qualify for the MicroMasters Credential you will need to earn a Verified Certificate in each of the four courses and the Final Capstone Project
What you’ll learn
- Understand basic mechanisms of the OOP paradigm: classes, interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, etc.
- Develop programs with conditionals and loops
- Design and implement recursive algorithms
- Writing, compiling, and running basic Java applications
- Introduction to Android: Installation and setup of Android SDK and Android emulator
TIMELINE: Approx. 6 Weeks
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate