What you’ll learn
- Learn the core Android app development and Kotlin skills to build real Android apps.
- Learn how to target current and older versions of Android when writing your apps.
- Understand how to create Android apps using Kotlin.
- Be able to apply for Android app development roles.
47.5 hours on-demand video
- Develop apps for the very latest version of Android that also work on older Android devices running older versions of the Android operating system.
- Download, install and configure the necessary (free) software.
- Create your first app.
- Build a range of apps demonstrating key aspects of the Android framework.
- Test your apps on emulators or a real Android phone or tablet.
- You’ll learn Kotlin programming because Google are recommending and pushing adoption of Kotlin for Android app development. Included are Kotlin tutorial videos that will get you up to speed fast.
- Ensure your apps work with current and older Android versions on phones and tablets.
- Use Android studio 3.2, the newest version of Google’s premier Android tool.
- Learn how to use databases, web services, and even get your apps to speak!
- Understand the all new Constraint layout, for “drag and drop” screen creation.
- Use powerful libraries of code to play videos, download website data, manipulate images, and a whole lot more!
To reinforce what you’ve learnt during the course, there are numerous challenges designed to help you understand each concept being taught. You’re also shown the solution to the challenge so you know you’re always on the right track.
The course is continually updated and enhanced, and fully supported as it evolves.
With many courses, it’s just set and forget. But not with this one! We’ve got a PROVEN track record of continually updating and adding new content. An example is Tim’s Java Masterclass course which now has 77 hours of content and counting, and benefited a whopping 260,000 students.
And if you have any doubts about the course, be blown away by the glowing reviews left by students on this page.
What else will you learn?
You will learn how Android works at a deep level. Many courses show you how to create Android apps, allowing you to follow along clicking buttons but not really understanding what it happening.
To become a successful Android app developer, you need to understand why you are clicking that button, and how the Android operating system works and how the Android SDK and Framework works.
If you truly understand how something works, it means you can produce better quality apps, that have fewer bugs.
We don’t promise that you are going to write a Facebook or Instagram clone app in this course – Courses that say they are going to teach you to create apps like that show apps with only the smallest amount of functionality, and usually don’t explain anything in detail. There is no point going through Android training unless you can take that training and apply it into your own apps.
This course is designed for you to follow along, but then to apply the information you have learned into your own apps.
Your instructors are me, Tim Buchalka and Jean-Paul Roberts. Between them theyhave a collective 70 years of commercial software development experience, meaning you’re learning the right way to program to maximize your future development potential.
Here’s what’s important. There’re a lot of people teaching Android development who are not developers. We’re developers with many years’ experience with the Android platform, who also teach Android.
Importantly, our courses teach students the real-life skills needed to get those in-demand jobs or further your programming skills.
Take this course in confidence today knowing you have just found the BEST Android Kotlin course on Udemy! Don’t delay. Every minute you’re not learning Android is a missed opportunity for that PERFECT high paying job.