Learn to build applications and APIs with Node.js
Node.js, Express, MongoDB and friends are some of the most in-demand web development skills. This course is the cumulation of everything I’ve learned building dozens of Node.js applications over the past five years.
In each video, we learn and implement a concept into our application. Many of the concepts we return to over and over for different parts of the application, hitting and solving new problems each time.
- User Accounts
- REST API endpoints
- Database Schemas
- Document Relationships
- Templating and Mixins
- Restricting Operations
- Image Resizing
- Password Reset Flow
- Storing Geospatial Data
- Flow Control
- Error Handling
- Advanced DB Queries
- File Uploading
- Sending Email
- MVC Pattern
- Geocoding Addresses
- Server Deployment
Advanced devs will be able to go through the course a little more quickly, but I’ve designed this course to be as approachable as possible.
This course is done in ES6 so there is liberal use of arrow functions, template strings, destructuring and other ES6 goodies. If you haven’t done much ES6, you’ll have an easier time with the course if you do at least the first half of my ES6 for Everyone course first.
- Front End Devs looking to go Full Stack
- Existing server side developers looking to understand the Node stack.
- WordPress developers looking for a little more control
- JS developers looking to advance their career.
- Existing Node.js developers looking to fill in any gaps and update to modern workflows and design patterns.