Qt also Pronounce “Cute” is a Cross platform application development framework.
- Qt is a cross-platform application and UI framework.
- Using Qt, you can write applications once and deploy them across desktop, mobile and embedded operating systems without rewriting the source code.
- Qt is partly C++ and partly native code depending on platform.
- Qt UI APIs wrap native UI components.
Why would you want to use it?
- Qt has a quite good penetration on different platforms.
- It’s fairly straight-forward to port your application to platforms where Qt is supported.
- Qt has been around for a long time, so it has matured as a framework.
- It adds somewhat automatic memory management on top of C++ through different means.
- There’s plenty of components.
The goal of this course is to provide you with a working knowledge of Qt C++ GUI applications. We’ll start with the basics, starting from installing Qt , creating our first Qt project, using widgets, signals and slots, layouts, resource file etc.
In the later half of the video I will also show , How sqlite database cane be used with Qt.